University of Wisconsin-Platteville’s Online Master of Criminal Justice Program Recognized as One of the Nation’s Best
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville appeared on the 2018 list of the 50 best online criminal justice master’s degree programs from Top-Criminal-Justice-Schools.net. These rankings are based on factors such as tuition costs, the ratio of students to faculty, and national recognition for academic quality. The UW-Platteville Master of Science in Criminal Justice program offers law enforcement and social services professionals an advanced education with exceptional value and flexibility, connecting them with opportunities to expand their knowledge of criminal justice theory, victim advocacy, and techniques for management and leadership.
A Comprehensive Online Criminal Justice Program
The online Master of Science in Criminal Justice curriculum provides the grounding that professionals need to excel in their field. Taught entirely online by expert faculty, the required core classes cover topics such as:
- Exploring theories of criminology and social control, including approaches for evaluating and applying these concepts
- Conducting empirical research
- Applying statistical findings to understand and solve problems
- Assessing the effectiveness of programs and organizations
- Communicating insights to drive improvements within an organization
Students have plenty of room to customize their education to fit their own interests and career goals. They can select one of three criminal justice concentrations and can also create personalized focus areas by choosing from UW-Platteville’s extensive library of electives:
- Criminal Justice Theory – a research-focused concentration that prepares graduates to excel in roles at government and advocacy organizations or to carry on their education in a Ph.D program.
- Criminal Justice Management – for professionals who are interested in leadership roles as supervisors or administrators.
- Victim and Offender Services – tailored for individuals who want to advocate for victims and juveniles involved in the justice system or provide services to help rehabilitate offenders and ensure they’re treated fairly.
- Customized Focus Area – students select clusters of courses that are relevant to their career plans. That could mean developing skills in criminology research and using advanced tools to interpret statistical information. Or, they may explore the reasons behind juvenile delinquency and how to intervene in a crisis. Law enforcement professionals can prepare for supervisory positions by learning best practices for managing a diverse workforce and motivating productivity.
Graduates go on to succeed in a wide range of jobs, including:
- Federal agent
- Criminal investigator
- Law enforcement educator
- Emergency management
An Education that Fits Your Schedule and Budget
The online master’s program in criminal justice from UW-Platteville is designed to be both affordable and convenient. With no need to visit the physical campus, the curriculum accommodates criminal justice professionals’ busy schedules. Master’s students can complete the required 30 credit hours in as few as two years, but they may also take up to seven years if necessary.
Students may be admitted with a bachelor’s degree in any field, and no GRE or GMAT scores are required. Visit our admissions page to find out more about tuition costs, financial aid opportunities, and how you can apply.
The online Master of Science in Criminal Justice from the University of Wisconsin-Platteville has distinguished itself among the best programs in the field. Professionals engage with the specialized knowledge they need to advance in their law enforcement or social services careers as they complete courses at the pace that works for them.